Monday, February 7, 2011

The end, for now, of a friendship?

Your arms weren't around him, his were around you. How does that feel to you? Do you enjoy your role or does it chafe a bit? It's not one I would ever have thought was yours but then, I guess I don't really know you at all. The man I know wouldn't have said one thing and done another.

How easily does it come to you, to lie to one person about second chances but to grant another one with no real thought at all? So not the man I thought. Maybe I gave you more than you actually had inside but I don't think so. I think the wanting to have someone is stronger than the hurt you suffered at their hands. You're better than that.

Please, don't call anymore. I can't do the superficial friendship with you, not with how much I feel for you. It just hurts too much, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment